Thursday, January 12, 2023

Tom Tom Club


What you gonna do when you get out of jail? I'm gonna have some fun. What do you consider fun? Fun, natural fun.

I'm in Heaven. With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend. There's no beginning and there is no end. Time isn't present in that dimension. You'll take my arm. When we're walkin', rolling and rocking. It is one time I'm glad I'm not a man. Feels like I'm dreaming, but I'm not sleeping.

I'm in Heaven. With the maven of funk mutation. Clinton's musicians such as Bootsy Collins. Raise expectations to a new intention. No one can sing. Quite like Smokey, Smokey Robinson. Wailin' and skankin' to Bob Marley. Reggae's expanding with Sly and Robbie.

Oops! Your mama said uh. Oops! Your mama said uh
Oops! Your mama said uh. Oops! Your mama

All the weekend. Boyfriend was missing. I surely miss him. The way he'd hold me in his warm arms. We went insane when we took cocaine. [Gibberish language by Lani Weymouth]... Bohannon, Bohannon, Bohannon, Bohannon.

Stepping in a rhythm to a Kurtis Blow. Who needs to think when your feet just go. With a hippie-the-hip and a hippie-the-hop. Who needs to think when your feet just go. Bohannon, Bohannon, Bohannon, Bohannon.

Who needs to think when your feet just go. "Bohannon, Bohannon, Bohannon, Bohannon"
James Brown, James Brown
James Brown, James Brown

If you see him. Please remind him, unhappy boyfriend. Well he's the genius of love. He's got a greater depth of feeling. Well he's the genius of love. He's so deep.

[ed. Probably one of the most sampled songs in modern pop history (with a can't help but make you feel good vibe). See also: Chris Frantz: 'If you knew David Byrne, you would not be jealous of him' (The Guardian). Btw: Bohannon.]